Bulk meat and cheese storage
When home vacuum sealers first became popular in the 90s, one of the key selling points was that you could buy highly perishable items, like meat and cheese, in bulk and preserve whatever you can't use right away. Buying in bulk is often far more cost-effective, especially when it comes to beef and chicken.
Today, that's still one of the best reasons to get a vacuum sealer.
Air is your biggest enemy to maintaining the food's quality over time. Oxygen allows mold to grow, which is why that open block of cheese in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap turns fuzzy after a few weeks.
In the freezer, any air that comes in contact with food will dehydrate and oxidize it, causing freezer burn. Get out as much of the air as possible, and you'll reduce the risk of both.
Sous vide cooking
You do not need a vacuum sealer to cook sous vide. A sink or pot full of water and a zip-top bag will suit you just fine to cook steak, chicken, fish and more with your immersion circulator.
However, if you really love to cook sous vide and do it often, a vacuum sealer will save you hassle of working with finicky zip-top bags. It also ensures you get as much air out as possible, which prevents the bag from floating while cooking.
Save ingredients for later
You bought a huge bunch of cilantro for a recipe that calls for just a tablespoon. And now you're stuck with a bunch of leftovers that will wilt in a matter of days. Or, your tomato plant is producing more tomatoes than you can give away, but you don't want your precious fruit to go to waste.
A vacuum sealer can help preserve most fruits, vegetables and herbs for weeks in the refrigerator or months in the freezer.
- Flexible Packaging Process Classification
- Soft Packing Types
- Morphological Classification Of Flexible Packaging
- Soft Packaging Industry Trends
- Flexible Packaging Industry Equipment And Techn...
- Flexible Packaging Equipment Manufacturing
- Basic Information Of Coffee Bag
- The Four Types Of Packaging Commonly Found In T...
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cooking Bags
- Cooking Bag History
- Home Food Preservation, Done Correctly, Is A Gr...
- Flexible Food Packs Bulk Up With Superior Perfo...
- Printed Food Packaging Bags
- Global CPP Packaging Films Market Is Booming Ac...
- Airtight Food Packaging Bags
- Snack Food Packaging Bags
- Global Flexible Packaging Market Will Reach USD...
- How Flexible Packaging Trends Are Shifting And Why
- Flexible Plastic Packaging Market Study Growth ...
- FPA Announces 2018 Flexible Packaging Achieveme...